Thursday, April 5, 2012

Progress of Writing Assignment

So far, my students have been involved in researching for their persuasive writing assignment.  They have read about and taken notes on the New England, Middle and Southern Colonies.  I have divided my class into groups of 3 or 4, and I have assigned a colony to each group.  Each group has students with a range of reading levels and language proficiencies.  Some of the research will be done with a partner.  When they begin to identify their reasons and supporting details, I will have them discuss these in their research groups.  This will provide more support to my students who are not performing at grade level.  When they begin their writing, I will work with my EL and RSP students in small group to help support them in completing their graphic organizers for their persuasive essay.  They have already written a number of persuasive essays, but as a class, we will review the content and organization of a persuasive essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment